Dehydration is usually caused by not drinking enough fluid or by fluid that is lost and not replaced.
The climate, the amount of physical exercise you are doing and your diet can also contribute to dehydration.
By the time you feel thirsty, you might already be dehydrated.
Additional symptoms of dehydration include:
• feeling dizzy and lightheaded
• having a dry mouth
• producing less urine and darker urine
A simple way of estimating your hydration status is to monitor urine volume output and colour. A large amount of light coloured, diluted urine probably means you are hydrated; dark coloured, concentrated urine probably means you are dehydrated.
As dehydration increases, there is a gradual reduction in physical and mental performance.
Benefits of being optimally hydrated:
• reduced risk of heat stress
• maintain normal muscle function
• brain and joints are lubricated
• nutrients can be transported efficiently
• prevents performance decreases due to dehydration
Impact Hydrate will help to replenish the electrolytes lost through sweat and urine returning you to a hydrated state as fast as possible meaning you can focus on maximising performance.
Check out our hydrate range here: